Monday, April 13, 2015

Outlook clearing Clipboard

Solved, but FYI - Outlook clearing Clipboard
Description:
I received a new laptop in January as an upgrade, and since that time, I have had an issue where if I copied a link to send in an email, went to Outlook, and opened a new message, the contents of the Clipboard that I had copied will have disappeared.

I did some testing and found that Outlook was actively clearing the clipboard when the main window was selected.

Further research showed that a COM Add-On, "Send to Bluetooth", which has been included in the new computer, has caused this issue for others online. Disabling the plugin (only within Outlook) has fixed the problem, and Outlook no longer auto-clears any copied entries.

This may be helpful for any frustrated users who experience the same issue, but don't know why it is happening.

No comments: